Accountant, FMCG, Laois
Our client are a well-established FMCG organisation operating in the midlands. As a result of growth in new business, they now require additional resources in their finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role would suit an accountant looking for a change or someone returning to the workforce that wants to maintain a work/life balance.
- Month end preparation, including accruals, prepayments, journals and reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly/monthly reports with analysis and comments on variances
- Managing month end close ensuring timely reporting
- Prepare and post journals to the Nominal Ledgers as required
- Review the Trial Balance for accuracy
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations monthly
- Working together with the finance team on the annual audit to insure a timely and efficient process is carried out. Support the preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Preparation of payment runs
- Ensuring procedures and controls relating to financial systems are adhered to.
- Efficient month close
- Production of monthly reporting per the Company’s monthly deadlines
- Support the financial controller in the delivery of accurate information to the business on a timely and accurate basis
- Ensuring processes and procedures are being adhered to and/or developed to maintain a strong financial control environment exists within the business
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- Experienced in accounts preparation up to Trial Balance stage
- Excellent communication skills and a fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of Sage is preferred or other integrated ERP systems
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel including the use of pivot tables etc
- Effectively plans and manages time.
- Adjusts positively to rapidly changing tasks and shifting priorities.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01-6797990.