Accountant, Pharmaceutical, GALWAY
Our client is a global pharmaceutical organisation with a large manufacturing plant in Galway. As a result of an increase in profitability and global sales, they now require an accountant to join their finance team in Galway. This is an ideal opportunity to join an expanding organisation and progress your career in a dynamic and positive working environment.
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for a number of European Sales Entities.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for bank, fixed assets, payroll, accruals etc.
- Prepare payroll and reconcile on a monthly basis for European employees.
- Prepare VAT returns and intrastate returns for European Sales Entities.
- Liaise with European Accounting firms on tax issues and statutory reporting.
- Advise and assist European Regional Director in any finance related issues or needs.
- Sales Reporting and Analysis.
- Ability to prepare and analyse data and create reports for management.
- Ensures accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Proposal and development of continuous improvements using lean tools to existing processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance for functional area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provide input for KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained.
- Assist in special financial analysis reporting and projects, as required.
- Performs a variety of other related accounting tasks, as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA preferred) with a minimum of three years relevant PQE, preferably within a Shared Services environment.
- A broad knowledge of accounting and financial control principles and their business applications.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in performing accounting tasks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent Excel reporting skills and ability to analyse a high volume of data.
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle financials highly desirable but not essential
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Anne on 01-6797990.