Accounts Assistant, FMCG, Dublin North
Our client is a leading organisation within the FMCG sector who are now seeking to hire an accounts assistant to join their busy finance team.
This position will provide assistance to the Financial Controller to analyse both transaction data and accounts information with a particular emphasis on inventory control and reconciliation across the company’s systems.
- Align inventory movements in central warehouse and external locations across multiple integrated systems, resolve integration issues to month-end deadlines.
- Carry out a complete stock reconciliation each month resolving any issues arising in a timely manner
- Continuously develop stock control and management processes.
- Achieve month and quarter end reporting deadlines.
- Monitor and report on KPI's for example: stock accuracy, aged profile, obsolescence and product availability.
- Produce Principal KPI tracker report for our main brands. (purchases, sales & stock)
- Report on outstanding returns from customers and hauliers.
- Develop and implement routine inventory reports to allow responsive inventory management, and highlight issues to address.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with the Operations, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Overall Inventory accuracy, manage stock counts, and audits for all locations.
- With the financial controller ensure inventory valuation is represented accurately in our accounts at all times.
- Provide backfill support for purchasing / demand planning holiday cover.
- Produce information and measurements on Promotion stock and Promotion costs in the business
- Ad hoc projects and role development in line with business requirements.
The ideal candidate
- Accounting or Supply Chain qualification or studying for one.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office & ERP system utilisation will be key for the role.
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes, particularly inventory processes.
- Experience of ERP systems interfaces would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of FMCG business would also be an advantage
- Proactive, results driven, self- starter who will work on their own initiative.
- In-depth understanding of process and procedural controls, and ability to manage change and identify new controls when required.
- Excellent communication, team-work and influencing skills.
- Customer Service orientated.
- Results & Analysis Focussed
- Curiosity & Investigative skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and well-established organisation where you will be given excellent experience and exposure and the opportunity to develop and progress.
Interested in this role?
To apply for this position please forward your CV via the email address below to Sara Crawford, Accountancy Solutions.