Accounts Assistant, Legal, Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Centre
Our client is a well established organisation within the legal sector based in South Dublin City.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Accounting Technician / Accounts Assistant to join their busy Finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will assist in the daily operations of the accounts department, particularly prompt and accurate uploading of electronic invoices and management of E-Billing systems
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Electronic Billing
- Creditors Ledger - preparing monthly supplier payment-run, checking invoices, setting up payments, entry of individual payments in bank account and posting payments
- Deposit Accounts - Data entry and reconciliation of deposit accounts and dealing with refunds. Checking that official fees paid have been entered in WIP and/or billed out. Preparing general ledger journal for deposit accounts.
- Distribution and collation of monthly credit card statements, analysis of same, bill entry on creditors system and posting monthly payments to creditors ledger
- Work In Progress - Review, investigation and correction of anomalies/error in WIP.
- Accounts and debt collection backup - Covering other accounts staff duties during annual leave and illness, etc
- Revenue Returns
- Routine bookkeeping – supplier invoice entry and creditor payments. Bank and petty cash daily record maintenance and reconciliation. Debtor receipts – cash book and debtors ledger entry. Lodgement of receipts. Reconciliation of ledgers.
- Dealing with requests from clients for year-end accruals figures, etc.
- Other duties – ad hoc work that arises from time to time.
The ideal candidate:
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance
- IATI qualification an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience within the legal sector or professional services sector an advantage
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player – the ability to form effective working relationships and to work closely with the wider finance team essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong accuracy and numeracy skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established organisation with a great working environment. Competitive remuneration package on offer to the successful; candidate.
Interested in this role?
To apply for this position please forward your CV via the email address below to Sara Crawford, Accountancy Solutions.