Accounts Payable Team Lead, Dublin South
Our client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Accounts Payable Team Lead to support the Senior Manager in monitoring and overseeing the responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Team.
Your responsibilities will include
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of a high volume of invoices by the team
- Ensure Accounts Payable service to the business, suppliers and other Finance departments is of a high quality and is consistent
- Monitor and ensure purchases accounting is being performed correctly by reference to appropriate general ledger coding
- Supervise the completion and accuracy of monthly vendor reconciliations
- Ensure AP mailbox is managed and emails are responded to promptly
- Participation in external audit activities where required
- Support standardisation of processes and procedures, control improvements and efficiencies
- Inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride and trust
- Develop the ability of the team to perform by providing ongoing feedback and opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods
- Build high performance and high quality culture in the department
- Staff development - Places a high priority on developing and empowering others
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years’ experience of successful people-management is a prerequisite
- Ideally a minimum 5 years’ experience in a Multinational environment.
- Strong Accounts Payable experience
- Strong process orientation
- Strong controls orientation
- Record of driving improvements in a financial accounting department
- Very strong financial systems experience and strong on MS Excel
- Flexible with ability to work effectively where there is an element of uncertainty.
- Effective delegation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Deadline driven
- Good commercial acumen
- Excellent ability to build relationships across the business
- Excellent communicator who can deal effectively with non-financial people – ability to communicate with colleagues at every level in the organization
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Proactive approach to problem solving
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation in a senior role where you will have the opportunity to really contribute to the finance function. Competitive salary and benefits package on offer to the successful candidate.