AP & Procurement Officer, Semi-State, City Centre
Dublin City Centre
Our client, a semi-state organisation is currently looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Payable and Procurement Officer to join their busy finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the role involves responsibility for the accounts payable function along with procurement involvement.
Responsibilities will include
- Responsibility for processing of all third-party suppliers’ invoices
- Ensuring all invoices are authorised and coded correctly
- Processing domestic and international supplier payments
- Acting as Procurement Liaison Officer for the organisation
- Advising staff in relation to tendering requirements to ensure compliance with Procurement Policy
- Systems administrator for iProcurement and iExpenses systems
- Processing staff expenses
- Prepare PSWT return and payment
- Prepare VAT payment
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and journals
- Complete monthly credit card reconciliation
- Assist with interim and annual audit
- Assist with internal audits
- Maintain Financial Policies and Procedures documents for all aspects of the Payables and Banking processes within the Department
- Provide support to Finance Manager, Finance and Operations team as required
- Assist and provide training and support to the Finance intern
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate:
- Ideally 5+ years’ relevant experience in an Accounts Payable and Procurement role
- IATI or Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA an advantage
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Shows initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work with software solution implementation project managers
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to meet strict deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a semi-state organisation with a great working environment. Competitive remuneration package on offer to the successful candidate.
Interested in this role?
To apply for this position please forward your CV via the email address below to Sara Crawford, Accountancy Solutions.