Commercial Accountant, FMCG, Louth
Commercial Accountant required for successful FMCG in County Louth. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position will be responsible for the control and understanding of all of the costs, risks and benefits associated with selling through Distributors.
- Work closely with Country Manager when preparing commercials for entry into a new market.
- Evaluation of existing products for changing circumstances
- Create and maintain (quarterly) a Retailer Profitability file for each core Market.
- Update and maintain transfer pricing documents and ensure each Distributor contract has an up to date and accurate price list
- Maintenance of the Master Data Costings file and creator of new Cost of Goods as required by the business
- Consolidating Distributor sales reports into a Global report
- Analysing Distributor data and information to verify costs are valid
- Developing a thorough understanding of the Distributor contracts and what the terms mean in practice
- Maintenance of the Costings file and creator of new Cost of Goods as required by the business
- Responsible for maintenance and control of Distributor price changes
- Developing a Product P&L template for each Market to build new product pricing and implementing a consistent process for evaluating new opportunities
- All rebates/trade promotion/distributor bonus/WAP/miscellaneous deductions to be under the full control of the Commercial Accountant
- All trade terms to be monitored and reconciled to rebate control workbook and any discrepancies investigated and reconciled without delay in conjunction with Trading Controller/ Trading Managers.
- All deduction invoices to be under Commercial Accountant control for signing off by Country Managers.
- Manage monthly rebate accrual calculation.
- Manage monthly trade promotion accrual calculation.
- Manage distributor bonus accrual calculation.
- Preparation of the monthly accruals
- Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant with experience in an FMCG
- Costing or Commercial experience is essential to this role
- Candidates should possess a knowledge of the rebate process in the retail sector
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Ability to influence and negotiate with sales managers and clients
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite for this position
- Strong IT skills required
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to add value and gain exposure to all areas of a business.
An attractive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Anne on 01-6797990 for a confidential discussion.