Commercial Financial Analyst, Pharma, Galway
Exciting opportunity for a Part-Qualified Accountant looking to gain more commercial and analytical exposure to further enhance and develop their skills and career. Our client are looking for someone with experience in financial analysis and a team player who will fit into the team culture.
- To support the Commercial Finance Manager with monthly reporting and analysis on P&L as well as supporting Department heads and Regional Directors on interpreting results and recommending corrective action
- To support the Commercial Finance Manager with providing analysis and recommendations to the Operations/R&D team through gross margin analysis, PPV reporting, Inventory management, overhead control.
- Review monthly overhead spend for central and in country cost centres, ensuring relevant accruals and prepayments are actioned and variances are fully explained
- To support the Commercial Financial Manager with the development, implementation and enhancement of Commercial Reporting tools to include, customer profitability modelling, pricing analysis, sales out analysis, product profitability and ROI modelling.
- Support the quarterly forecasting process and the annual budgeting process. Make recommendations on corrective action during the year so that the company meets its profit targets.
- Represent finance in the Cost of Sales and Inventory meetings, ensuring all variances can be explained and all expenditure is accounted for correctly
- Support the wider finance team with ad hoc month end activities and/or projects.
- Support the Commercial Finance team with company wide Reporting initiatives, including IT system enhancements and development of ROI modelling
- Work collaboratively and partner with key cross-functional teams (IT, Operations, Sales, Customer Service) to deliver key business objectives
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial analysis preferably within a multinational environment.
- Part-qualified accountant who is proactively working towards a recognised accountancy qualification.
- Strong analytic and numeracy skills
- Commercially focused with a proven track record of building strong cross functional relationships and a desire to drive operational efficiency
- Strong systems skills, with advanced Excel a key requirement
- A natural curiosity and engaging nature
- A team player with a positive, friendly and engaging manner
An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to further develop your career, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01-6797990.