Cost Accountant, Engineering, Galway
Cost Accountant, Galway, Manufacturing
Our client is a prestigious top-class manufacturing engineering organisation with a global presence. With an expanding portfolio of products and clients, they are currently going through a period of expansion. As a result of this growth, a new role has been created for a Cost Accountant to join the finance team in Galway. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation but in an SME environment and gain broad exposure across the finance function and wider business. Suited to a part-qualified or newly-qualified accountant with some costing exposure.
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs for material, labour and overhead.
- Maintaining the Company’s Cost Accounting system.
- Assisting in month-end close and reporting.
- Assisting in preparation of weekly KPI’s and plant metrics.
- Monthly reconciliation of all Inventory accounts and analysing cycle counts.
- Working with operations in evaluating and tracking savings of cost reduction projects.
- Updating standard costs for new release products and ensuring accuracy of same.
- Analysing company spend versus budget and explaining differences.
- Weekly PPV analysis and reporting.
- Supporting the Cost accounting Manager in preparation and distribution of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
Qualifications/Work Experience Required:
- Part Qualified ACCA, CIMA.
- Desirable to have 1 years’ experience working Cost Accounting in a manufacturing environment. Some experience in maintaining a standard costing system on an ERP system.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Strong communication skills and Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and a pro-active attitude to work
- Good Time Management and organisational skills, ability to manage and plan workload.
Interested in this and other Finance roles in Galway?
Apply now by sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01-6797990.