Cost Accountant, Manufacturing, Midlands
Exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation who offer flexibility for employees and a positive working culture with a focus on employee well-being and development.
As a fully qualified accountant with experience as a Cost Accountant in a manufacturing environment, you will report to the Financial/Site Controller. As part of the finance team, your main responsibilities will be maintaining the standard costing system. This will include analysing the data/results, ensuring data is processed and recorded accurately and updates are performed on a timely basis. The cost accountant will play a key role during month and quarter end close processes, working closely with the finance team and reporting to senior management.
- Inventory control – to ensure all materials and packaging are accurately recorded in system (quantity and costs)
- Developing and setting the standard cost for all products on an annual basis.
- Regularly reviewing and updating Bill of Materials, including labour and overhead costs.
- Ensure the accurate recording of inventory by revaluing to current cost on a monthly basis.
- Monitor the product margin on customer orders and report any variances to the commercial team.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory is counted on a regular basis and variances are fully investigated.
- Work closely with production and quality in relation to possible inventory write offs.
- Ensure all scrap and wastage is accurately reported and liaise with the operations manager to minimise such wastage.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a new ERP system.
- Prepare monthly customer and product profitability reports.
- Support in the preparation of monthly and year end management accounts.
- Assist with the external audit where necessary.
- Act as a link between operations/supply chain/quality and finance. Ensure the finance department are aware of all activities and the financial records are accurately reflected.
- Participate in additional ad-hoc support and special projects as required.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline. Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA)
- 2 years experience within a manufacturing environment preferable.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced excel knowledge and ERP system experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ideally experience working in a global environment with a proven ability to work with professionals of different cultural backgrounds, professions and levels.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills with the ability to articulate and present complex concepts in a straightforward manner.
- Proactive and independent self-starter, ability to work under pressure and flexible to adjust to changing priorities.
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Anne on 01-6797990 for a confidential discussion.