Credit Control Manager
Credit Control Manager
Our client a large retail organisation based in North Dublin are currently looking to recruit a Credit Control Manager to join their team on a contract basis, managing a team of 12 credit controllers.
To provide a professional credit control service to the business whilst providing accurate, timely and relevant information. Manage the debt risk and cash flow to the business ensuring all credit control processes are in place re new accounts and existing accounts.
- Work towards keeping debt which is greater than 4 weeks overdue to the agreed target set by Finance Director
- Agreed payment terms on all customers to be adhered to
- Payment plans/Stocking loans to be agreed and adhered to in line with debtors policy
- Meet high risk customers/customers who require support regularly along with the Business Development Manager either on site or at customer location
- Monthly report to FD & Business Unit Director outlining: High Risk accounts, DSO Trends, Debt aging (reasons for increase/decrease)
- Update Sales Managers weekly re High Risk accounts along with actions required in order to reduce exposure
- Debtors policy procedures to be followed on all overdue balances
- Meet all field sales and credit control personnel monthly to discuss overdue accounts and agree appropriate action
- Manage the procedure of opening new customer credit accounts within MWP. Ensure that all depots are following the rules of the debtor’s policy in relation to this area.
- All documentation to be completed in full
- Proper credit check to be completed on all new customers
- Ensure direct debit payments are in place
- Only credit limits provided by Vision net to be implemented
- Payment terms to be kept within the rules of the debtors policy
- Manage and lead the team to ensure that they have the skill sets, resources and support needed to deliver in their role and achieve their objectives, and that they operate in a manner consistent with the ethos and values of the organisation.
- Ensure appropriate performance review, development and succession management systems are operating effectively to develop and retain the requisite skilled resources to meet current and future business needs.
- Set team objectives & targets and monitor & feedback on performance on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the team by example: ensuring effective communication, support and recognition structures and practices are in place
- Identify, develop and retain talent
At least 10+ years’ experience of managing credit control teams in a fast moving large environment.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of managing appropriate control systems and processes and meeting quarterly accounting and frequent reporting deadlines.
- A self starter, highly motivated with a continuous improvement focus.
- Deadline focused with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with confidence to liaise with customers and colleagues
- A fast learner, open to new ideas and an ability to engage fully with all business operations.
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Change management ability
- Highly systems oriented and literate.
- Very knowledgeable on all aspects of credit control from opening new accounts, to setting credit limits, to managing disputes, query resolution.
- Successful track record of managing debtor’s working capital and cash.
- Ability to set credit policy