Dublin City Centre
Our client, a large legal firm based in Dublin 2, is currently looking to hire an experienced Credit Controller. The ideal candidate will have strong credit control experience within a professional services or similar environment. Previous experience in a legal practice would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will join a busy Credit team and will report to the Credit Control Manager.
The role will include the following areas of responsibility:
- Manage credit control within agreed targets.
- Maintain data logs on clients and report effectively
- Monitor credit limits and high involvements
- Implement appropriate collection techniques
- Implement and maintain excellent standards of customer service
- Debt chasing via telephone, letter and mail.
- Handling queries internally and externally
- Chasing debt to litigation stage
- Account and statement reconciliations
- Debtors ledger maintenance
- Cash collections
- Month end reports
- Issue monthly reports to Partners, Fee Earners and Credit Control Manager.
- Liaise with Partners & Fee Earners on collection activity and billing
- Liaise with the firm’s debt recovery agents.
- Staff may be requested to carry out such reasonable tasks as may from time to time occur.
Skills and experience
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent PC and MS Office skills – excel, word, accounts packages.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Good decision making skills.
- Client focused on both internal and external customer requirements.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and also to work as part of a team.
- Confident, diligent, responsible and self-motivated.
This is a 6-12 month contract role with a view to permanency for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a big Finance team in a leading legal firm.