Financial Accountant, FMCG, Longford
Our client is a leading Irish FMCG organisation who are going through a period of significant growth. With a well-established brand in the UK and Irish retail markets. They are now seeking to appoint an ambitious Financial Accountant who has the potential to progress to a more senior role in the group.The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with strong technical financial accounting experience, a high level of commercial business acumen and the ability to present financial information to all levels of the organisation. This role will suit an ambitious, detailed orientated candidate seeking to move to a senior role in a dynamic Irish owned company experiencing significant growth in the FMCG space.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the preparation of weekly & monthly account packs in a timely manner together with commentary
- Preparation of year-end accounts and liaising with external auditors
- Management of working capital, debtors & creditors & stock
- Manage and reporting of cash flow
- Management and reporting of fixed assets
- Detailed customer KPI reporting on a monthly basis
- Evaluate and manage customer incentive plans.
- Management of specific customers pricing databases ensuring pricing is accurate and updated as required
- Produce monthly reports on business performance by Category and Region. Provide commentary on Variances.
- Ensure tax compliance deadlines are met
- Supporting the development of accounting policies and processes across the company
- Implement defined projects in accordance to timeframe & scope
- Contribute to the evolution of the financial model in the business
- Supervision and development of 2 reports
- Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 2 - 4 years PQE in FMCG or manufacturing sector
- Strong technical accounting background, with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative, be self-motivating with strong organisational skills and track record of delivering results
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- A strong level of verbal and written communication skills including an ability to communicate well with senior management
- Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced Excel. Experience with fully integrated ERP systems, preferably SAP
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Anne on 01-6797990