Financial Accountant, Not for Profit, Kildare
Our client is a leading charity who work in partnership with local and international organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. Reporting to the Finance Systems Manager, this is a varied role with high-visibility across the organisation. Suited to a qualified accountant who wishes to work in the Not For Profit sector.
- Gathering, compiling and sharing financial information across a range of countries as required, to facilitate and enhance decision-making at organisational level and ensure transparency and accountability.
- Providing day to day support and technical financial advice & expertise to the Finance and Administration Managers in country, undertaking direct field support as required.
- Overseeing the implementation of financial management policies and controls across a range of countries.
- Liaising with the Finance and Administration Managers to ensure all country programmes meet budgeting, reporting, accounting and other financial processes and deadlines, as set out by HQ.
- Reporting on any lack of compliance, weaknesses or problems, whether actual or potential, concerning the financial reporting, accounting, audit or any matter in a country office which could have financial implications.
- Financial and narrative reporting to the International Division and the Head of Finance on financial issues, trends, etc. across a range of countries.
- Periodically reviewing the financial management accounting systems, controls and procedures in place in the country office to ensure they are effective and in line with organisational policy.
- Proposing continuous improvements on coherent and or harmonised policies that will be of benefit to financial management in the International Division.
- Contributing to the continuous strengthening of a global finance team, including the facilitation of monthly regional finance team Skype calls and leading on the organisation of annual regional finance meetings.
- In the temporary absence of a Finance and Administration Manager, may be required to be deployed to an existing country office to ensure that the day to day activities of that country office continue to run smoothly.
- Assisting the Country Director in the performance management review of the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Assisting in the recruitment, induction and orientation of Finance & Administration Managers as required.
- Contributing to and or taking the lead on specific projects as agreed upon by the Finance Systems Manager
- Internationally recognised professional accounting qualification
- At least three years post qualification experience in a finance/accounting role.
- Experience in developing and delivering training for staff members.
- Experience in interpreting financial information and preparing and presenting financial reports to non-finance professionals in an accurate and timely manner.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a participative style within teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Interested in this opportunity?
Please apply by sending an updated CV to Anne Quinn at email@example.com