Financial Accountant WEXFORD
Our client is expanding across the UK and further afield. The company employs in excess of 350 staff and has operating facilities in several sites in the East and South of Ireland. Newly Qualified Accountant this position will be primarily responsible for the preparation and review of monthly management accounts, weekly departmental reporting and all other business performance analytics.
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position will be primarily responsible for the preparation and review of monthly management accounts, weekly departmental reporting and all other business performance analytics.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- You will work closely with the Financial Controller to collate a board pack for presentation to the senior management team and the preparation of the annual budget.
- You will be involved in the preparation of tax and other statistical returns to ensure the company is tax compliant in all areas.
- You are required to manage the company’s working capital and review weekly cashflow reports.
- You will work closely with all members of the Finance team and other business stakeholders to review contracts for cost efficiency.
- You will also be heavily involved in the developing the tendering process ensuring the company is always in a competitive position to grow in Ireland and the UK.
- The company is committed to Lean Continuous Improvement projects right across the company and you will become part of this journey, helping to continually improve and standardise processes.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including P&L and Balance Sheet in line with accounting policy, variance analysis, KPI reporting and monthly balance sheet reconciliations within the required preparation deadlines. Preparation of a management board pack and supporting analysis. Working with all budget owners to develop their understanding of the results.
- Beginning to end responsibility for the preparation of annual financial statements including active involvement in both audit preparation and delivery, and ensuring all reporting deadlines are met as scheduled. Preparation of an annual audit file.
- Preparation of the annual budget, working heavily with each manager to develop a robust budget that is targeted, achievable and owned by each budget owner.
- Preparation and filing of VAT, CT and other tax and statistical returns both in Ireland and the UK.
- Reviewing of the weekly cashflow and working capital management for the group.
- Actively contributing to ongoing lean improvements projects within the finance team.
- Developing a robust cost model to aid with the tendering process to ensure we are always in the best position to win new and develop existing business.
- Responsibility for driving cost reduction and control. Achieving this through negotiations on new and existing contracts and engaging with managers to ensure they are always in the position to get the best value.
- Liaising with a range of banks on day to day queries and periodic filing of management reports. Liaising with the auditors and assisting with the annual audits.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in a friendly and dynamic company, email an updated CV to email@example.com or call Anne on 01-6797990.