Our client an international organisation in the Energy field are currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their team initially on a contract basis with a view to permanency.
The successful candidate will experience the full spectrum of working within and contributing to a successful and growing business.
If you have the passion and the motivation to continue to learn and challenge accepted norms in a changing industry environment, then this challenging role will maximise your personal development.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the role is responsible for the day to day accounts and administration processes for two entities within the group. The individual must be a proactive, energetic person with experience in a busy accounting environment. The person will have hands on experience in month end processes and financial statement preparation and completion of all tasks within a timely and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Bank statement reconciliations
• Working capital forecasting & management
• Validating and processing customer and supplier invoices
• Ensure payment terms are upheld
• Preparation of monthly management accounts to include preparation of journals, preparing accruals and prepayments, managing the chart of accounts and ensuring the overall integrity of the financial information.
• Month-end close and delivery in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process to support the CFO
• Tax Compliance – preparation of VAT, PAYE and VIES
• Management of Monthly Payroll to include commissions and BIK calculations
• Liaising with Auditors
• Perform ad-hoc duties as may be required
The ideal candidate will be 1-2 years ACA or ACCA qualified. A training background from a Big 4 accountancy practice would be a distinct advantage, but not necessary. The position would ideally suit a candidate with a desire to work in a fast paced, changing environment who previously has experience in the energy, financial services or corporate finance sector.
This role is based in our offices in Dublin, however some International travel may be required.