Financial Controller, Manufacturing , Louth
Company: Manufacturing Company, Louth
Our client, an Irish manufacturing company currently in expansion mode, seeks to hire their 1st Financial Controller, to join their leadership team and take ownership of their finance function.
Position: Financial Controller
Reporting to the Managing Director the role will involve:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including KPI reports
- Preparation of year end accounts and liaising with company auditors
- Responsibility for completion of annual budgets, cashflows and forecasts
- Margin analysis and variance reporting
- Preparing profitability and costing reports per job handled
- Assisting with Pricing and Job costing
- Management of accounts staff and overseeing all aspects of the finance function, VAT returns, bank reconciliations and AP/AR functions
- Oversee and approve payroll
- Develop robust and compliant systems and procedures to ensure effective management of the company’s finances.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
- Monitor cashflow and liquidity
- Manage Banking relationships
- Oversee IT systems within Business
- Systems development – Involvement with choosing and Installation of a new ERP system suitable to the changing needs of the business?
- Development and implementation of internal controls and systems
- Preparation and submissions of grant applications to Enterprise Ireland
- Negotiating with suppliers in respect of prices and rebates
The role will suit a candidate with at least two years post qualification experience within a quality well run business (industry). Will suit a pro-active candidate who is comfortable interacting at senior levels within a growing entrepreneurial SME business. Candidate should be a qualified accountant, with excellent IT and interpersonal skills with a pro-active “can do” attitude.
Interested in this role?
Send CV to Brian Fowler, FCCA at the above email address