FP&A Manager, Energy Sector, WICKLOW
An exciting opportunity for someone with strong financial analysis experience to join an established yet innovative and growing organisation based in Wicklow. This role will lead the financial planning & analysis functions, leading the budgeting and forecasting processes and supporting the strategic direction of the division.
- Contribute fully to the development and implementation of the Division’s strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Lead the annual business planning and budgeting process.
- Plan and coordinate the business and operational plan for the division ensuring alignment of each business area with the groups strategic objectives.
- Prepare rolling forecasts based on clear methodologies, highlighting key threats and opportunities to the achievement of the budget.
- Prepare rolling 5 year plans that set out the key deliverables and financial targets during that time frame, ensuring alignment with Divisional and Group objectives.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including variance analysis and key metric reports.
- Comprehensive review of business performance that analyses and highlights underperforming areas of the business that require attention by management.
- Embed standard costing in the organisation and enhance the reporting process so that there is clarity around the progress towards benchmark standards.
- Provide ongoing financial modelling and analysis expertise to business partners within the Division.
- Ensure capital expenditure opportunities have appropriate business cases, to allow optimum allocation of capital resources.
- Manage the relationships and financial processes with internal departments.
- Form strong working relationships with partners in the Division and Group Finance to ensure that the requirements are fully met.
- Create a culture of high performance in the Finance team with high motivation levels through effective use of performance management and reward systems.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in or lead projects as required.
- Provide support and back-up to the Head of Finance and Finance team as required.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies
- Qualified accountant (ie. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience, preferably with commercial exposure
- People management experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent team motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, organise and manage team work
- Proven experience of continuous development and improvement
- Very strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office & accounting software packages
A very attractive remuneration and benefits package will apply to the successful candidate.
If you meet these requirements, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01-6797990 in the first instance.