Group Accountant, FMCG, Westmeath
Our client is a leading FMCG with a presence across Ireland, the UK and Europe. An exciting vacancy now exists within the Group headquarters for an experienced qualified Accountant. The role interfaces with all levels of management and finance divisions across the business. You will also support the various divisions across the business to provide any support to them that is needed. With significant career progression opportunities, the initial role will focus primarily on treasury & group consolidations.
- Consolidation of monthly management accounts pack for use in the preparation of the monthly Board Report.
- Prepare consolidation and elimination journal entries and various manual entries
- In charge of inter-company transactions and reconciliation
- Timely preparation of management reports and other ad-hoc reports.
- Review reconciliations and analysis prepared by peers to ensure compliance with FRS102 and the Company’s policies.
- Learning and then being responsible for the maintenance of the Group’s financial consolidation system
- Responsibility for accounting for new acquisitions including pre-acquisition technical accounting review and post-acquisition integration.
- Support on ad hoc finance related initiatives as they arise.
- Cash management of multiple currencies across the Group
- Managing day to day banking relationships to support business requirements and ensure sufficient working capital to meet the groups needs
- Management of foreign exchange and minimise risk exposure
- Group Cash Forecasting - Forecast short and long term cash levels and ensure adequate liquidity
- Borrowing and funding arrangements - Understand the Group's trade finance requirements and ensure these needs are met
- FX hedge analysis
- Maintenance of hedge compliance documentation
- Qualified Accountant
- Minimum 3 years experience in industry, preferably within an FMCG group
- Experience in treasury preferable
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Experienced with Excel and ERP systems
- Positive attitude and a team player
A very attractive remuneration & benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining a progressive organisation in the Midlands, please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Anne for an initial discussion.