Management Accountant, Manufacturing, Kilkenny
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant this position will have a key input in ensuring complete and effective reporting and control of the gross margin of the business. This position will play a key role in bringing value to the business either through the identification of margin benefits or cost savings.
- Responsibility for site revenue reporting – both actual and budget / forecasts. Involves liaising with Commercial Accountant, Customer Services and Supply Chain to ensure completeness and accuracy of revenue and associated provisions and explanation of variances vs plan.
- Tracking and undertaking monthly tasks associated with non-standard sales arrangements.
- Assist with monthly raw material cost assembly and review.
- Assist with stock valuations.
- Sales commission calculation and reporting - actual and budget / forecast.
- Preparation of transport cost budget / forecast and month reporting of variances vs plan.
- Monthly reconciliation and validation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Responsibility for reporting of consolidated revenue and selected KPIs for both monthly accounts and budget / forecasts.
- Updating monthly and budget / forecast models during the accounts and planning preparation process.
- Other duties as required to work in a coordinated manner with the Senior Management Accountant to achieve an efficient month end close.
- Track business performance improvement projects, comparing achieved results vs target.
- Maintenance of costing bills of materials for stock valuation purposes.
- Shared tasks as required to work in a coordinated manner with the Senior Management Accountant to achieve an efficient budget / forecast completion.
- Constant awareness and monitoring of controls in areas of responsibility so as to ensure no risk of loss to the business and challenging risks as they are identified and proposing and implementing controls as required.
- Constantly seek improvements to systems, procedures & reporting capability so as to ensure approach is as efficient as possible.
- Support a culture of value enhancement for the business. Identify and champion potential opportunities for cost reduction where appropriate.
- Liaising with external and internal auditors, as required.
Experience and Attributes:
- A professional accounting qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management accounting role, preferably in a manufacturing organisation.
- Challenging, inquisitive, enthusiastic and logical approach with an ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Self-driven and committed to delivering constant improvement.
- Attention to detail, structured work ethic.
- Ability & flexibility to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Commercial / Value-Added approach, ability to identify opportunities to maximise site value and waste elimination.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and delegate as appropriate.
- Experienced in the use of SAP, or other ERP systems, would be ideal together with advanced Excel capability.
- Demonstrate team building and management skills.
A very attractive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call us on 01-6797990 to discuss further.