Newly Qualified Accountant, Logistics, Mayo
Our client is a growing and successful business with over 300 employees globally. As a result of this growth, they now require a management accountant to join their finance team in Mayo. This is an exciting and varied role which would suit someone looking to broaden their experience or make a move into industry. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Management accountant will be working on the full accounting function including financial analysis, month end reporting, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Supplier payments and Stock internal audit.
There will be an element of travel required for this role to UK branches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly accounting, analysis and reporting of Logistics expenses for the Group.
- Assist in the timely delivery of complete and accurate monthly Group management accounts including P&L, and other ad hoc reports for Inventory and Logistic.
- Review of balance sheet accounts relating to Logistics.
- Liaise with Warehouse and Operations teams, ensuring accurate and timely accounting of cost and stock provisions.
- Liaise with Freight suppliers to ensure information provided is to required standard and prompt payments follow.
- Provide internal audit of Stock in Warehouse and other sites.
- Carry out ongoing audits of stock adjustments, attend regular stock takes, ad hoc spot checks on stock, to investigate variances and provide recommendations to improve internal controls.
- Assisting with the year-end audit and statutory accounts preparation.
- Assisting in special projects as assigned.
- Newly qualified or part qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA)
- Experience of Audit / Practice Trained
- Experience of financial and management accounting and control
- Experience of reporting and analysis
- Experience of working in a Supply Chain and Logistics (Desirable)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- Proficiency in PC skills (including Word, Excel)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01-6797990