Part Time Finance Manager, Dublin City
Dublin City Centre
Part Time Finance Manager, Dublin City Centre
Our client an IT Organisation based in Dublin city Centre are currently looking to recruit a Part Time Finance Manager to join them initially on a contract basis for 6 months.
Reporting to the Managing Director at their Dublin headquarters, the experienced Finance Manager will have responsibility for all day to day financial and commercial matters as part of the management team in delivering the profitability and growth of the business.
- Provide relevant, timely and accurate financial information and analysis to the business – including monthly accounts, commentary and Board packs, explaining variances to budget and forecast, and challenging assumptions;
- Provide Business Analysis to improve processes, productivity and performance, and support effective business decision-making;
- Develop and maintain proper and effective internal financial controls, policies & procedures
- Manage the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, ensuring that changes to business assumptions and financial impacts are captured on a timely and accurate basis;
- Ownership of all balance sheet accounts, ensuring an appropriate level of provisions are reflected in the accounts;
- Ensure a strong working relationship between Finance and other departments based on a Business Partnership model which ensures a balance between financial control and business support;
- Provide financial and commercial support to bid preparation and other business development activities;
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that the audits are successfully completed
- Ensure compliance with all tax, CRO and statutory obligations;
- Implement cost reductions initiatives to enhance profitability growth;
- Support the Management team in M&A and Financing activities including due diligence and integration
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance & Operations team of 2 to ensure they are engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential.
- Plan work load that ensures that all team members know what is expected of them and when
- Perform staff appraisals and annual reviews and ensure all have a personal development plan (PDP)
- Support staff in addressing their development needs and with their career planning
- Supervise, direct, mentor and coach team members
Key requirement/ Attributes
- Qualified Accountant 5+ years PQE in a management role
- The person should ideally have a professional services / software background
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mindset
- Effective communicator with excellent influencing/collaboration skills and teamwork mindset
- Strong IT Skills – Sage 200, Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Driving superior performance
- Leading with Professionalism & Integrity
This role is an immediate start for suitable candidate.