Payroll Lead, Manufacturing, Meath
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Payroll Lead/Finance Assistant to join their Finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be solely responsible for managing the payroll function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for all employees
- Ensure all payroll processes are documented and reviewed continually in line with statutory requirements
- Review payroll calculations and follow through on any amendments required
- Research and resolve payroll related queries from employees and key stakeholders such as emergency tax, deductions
- Issuing P45s and P60s and compiling reports where necessary
- Compile key operational payroll metrics & dashboards
- Revenue Returns P30, P60’s, P45’s, P35
- Setting up new employee’s, assisting with Revenue queries
- Work collaboratively with other companies within the group to provide efficient responses to payroll related requests
- Designing and analysing reports from system to aid management in reviewing and controlling costs, training, departmental head count etc.
- Facilitate audit requests and any other duties/projects as determined by the Finance Manager
The role will also involve providing assistance on accounts payable
- Posting and matching AP invoices on ERP system and reconciling creditor statements
- Processing and matching AP invoices on ERP system
- Monthly AP reconciliations.
The ideal candidate
- IPASS Payroll qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience processing/managing payroll for a large company encompassing both weekly and monthly
- Understand and be up to date in terms of payroll related regulations
- Previous Finance experience taking into account relevant Accounts duties as outlined above
- Experience of processing and calculating many different pay elements and deductions is beneficial
- Self -starter with excellent organisational and communication skills
- Positive attitude to work and the ability to meet strict weekly deadlines
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed, while maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a strong ability to make confident judgement decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team as well on their own initiative
- Strong PC skills including the use of advanced excel and other packages as required
- Previous experience working with Core Payroll system is desirable.
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer to the successful candidate.
Interested in this role?
To apply for this position please forward your CV via the email address below to Sara Crawford, Accountancy Solutions