Payroll & Operations Manager, Louth
Our client, an award-winning professional services organisation, is currently seeking to recruit a Payroll Manager to join their busy head office on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for managing a team of payroll specialists.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage and motivate the Payroll Team to include performance appraisals, training, scheduling, recruitment and induction
- Liaise with Senior Management to ensure resources are in place to facilitate ongoing training, absenteeism, professional development
- Plan, organize and schedule tasks and process flows
- Dealing with clients
- Support the Payroll Team in providing ad-hoc solutions to client queries
- Provide support with technical/legislative/systems queries
- Evaluate current systems and internal practices, develop and recommend policies and procedures to ensure payroll is processed accurately and efficiently in a timely and compliant manner
- Ensure compliance, data protection and control risk within the function
- Regular auditing of documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring compliance with all internal controls, KPIs, budgets and other financial and quality control matters
- Liaise with IT and Software Support to enable continuous improvement of procedures and processes
- Regular client contact to ensure expectations are managed and adequate resources are allocated and an excellent service is provided
The ideal candidate:
- A strong background in and understanding of payroll processing
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team within a bureau or shared service environment
- Team player who develops and maintains productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels of the organisation
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience of the major payroll software packages to include Sage Micropay, MegaPay, BrightPay
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel & Outlook
- Excellent time management, administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Genuine passion for payroll
- Solid commercial and financial acumen with strong analytical experience
- Strong and proven problem-solving abilities
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning organisation with a great working environment. Attractive remuneration package on offer to the successful candidate.
Interested in this role?
To apply for this position please forward your CV via the email address below to Sara Crawford, Accountancy Solutions.