Payroll Specialist, Retail, Dublin North
Our client, a leading organisation within the retail sector, is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Payroll Specialist/Manager, on a full time permanent basis for their head office in North Dublin.
Due to the continued expansion of the Group, the Company is now seeking suitable candidates to manage the Payroll function in the group on a full time basis. The company uses a cloud based biometric time and attendance system.
Reporting to the Financial Director you will manage the payroll process. You will also be tasked with analysis of payroll costs and have the opportunity to make improvements to the payroll process.
Your responsibilities will include
- Complete responsibility for processing all payroll’s in the group on a monthly basis (300+ employees).
- Managing and resolving in a timely and efficient manner all employee queries in relation to payroll.
- Ensuring all employees are paid accurately and ensuring costs are accurately apportioned to the correct department and pharmacy.
- Tracking payroll spend on a daily basis and preparing detailed KPI’s on spend versus budget and efficiency.
- Presenting detailed weekly and monthly reports to the Finance Director and Senior Management Team on payroll.
- Assist in identifying and eliminating payroll inefficiencies
- Improving payroll control and mitigating risk
- Prepares and files all associated tax returns and ensuring compliance with taxes.
- Updates on Sage 200 booking system as it relates to payroll
- Preparing an annual payroll budget.
The ideal candidate:
- IPASS or similar qualification.
- Experience working in the retail sector with a large number of shops a distinct advantage.
- Has a strong technical ability and knowledge of automated payroll and HR systems
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- High level of attention to detail and strong initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently, and to take ownership of role;
- A strong sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Excellent communicator, highly articulate with excellent report writing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments in payroll
- An ability to take initiative and follow things through
- Highly organised and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Specialist/Manager with an analytical mind to join a leading organisation within the sector where you will have the opportunity to add value.
The role is based in their head office in Dublin North.
Competitive remuneration package on offer to the successful candidate.