Senior Financial Accountant, Public Sector, South
Our client a Public Sector body are currently looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant to join them on a contract basis for 6 months.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Carry out a programme of AFS - Annual Financial Statement Reviews to deliver on Compliance responsibilities and to support Service colleagues;
- Support the Head of Finance in leading the ongoing review and improvement of the system of Internal Financial Control;
- Oversee and promote excellence in standards of financial propriety and regularity within the department, in particular taking responsibility for promoting compliance with National Financial Regulations and Public Sector Finance/Governance codes;
- To promote realistic risk assessment through maintenance of the Finance Risk Register and optimal risk management protocols, and
- Participate in all team issues, manage staff and play a leadership role in team
What are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant
- Strong, up-to-date audit experience
- Excellent financial accounting knowledge
This is a Grade VIII Level. If you are interested in the above or require any further information please ontact Yvonne Rafter Ph: 6797990 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org