Senior Financial Analyst, Multinational, GALWAY
Senior Financial Analyst
Our client is a multinational manufacturing company who are growing their operations in Galway. They now require an experienced Financial Analyst to be responsible for the accounting, planning, reporting & analysis of the overhead costs of the plant. Key to success in this position will be the ability to partner with the Site Management team to identify value improvement opportunities and to drive year to year improvement in the site’s overhead rate.
This is position will suit someone with a broad base of Financial Expertise who can lead change & drive process improvements both within Finance & across the business. Flexibility will be key as projects will vary depending on business priorities.
- Overhead Analysis - Lead the process for planning, reporting & analysis of Indirect Headcount & Site overhead. This includes:
- Analysis of significant variances during month end.
- Coordination, consolidation & analysis of total overhead during quarterly forecast cycle, annual budget exercise & 3 year strategic plan process.
- Allocation of Overhead (Activity Based Costing) to products to determine annual standard costs for 60+ product families.
- Overhead Accounting - Develop good working relations with our Global Business Services (GBS) team in the USA & India ensuring appropriate split of responsibilities between GBS & local finance.
- Partner with Site Management to identify & drive year over year value improvement programs.
- Drive improvements to Financial Systems to optimize business processes. Key focus area will be selection & implementation of an effective cost centre planning & reporting tool.
- Review controls for areas under your responsibility to ensure effective & efficient controls are in place which complies with Corporate Policy, SOX & GAAP.
- Implement Project Accounting process for large scale capital & overhead projects.
- Adhoc projects depending on Finance & Business priorities.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years post qualified experience. Experience in a large multinational environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Expert level financial system & excel skills are essential. Experience of financial systems implementation is key.
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for identifying & implementing process improvements.
An attractive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet these requirements, please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call us on 01-6797990 for a confidential discussion.