Senior Management Accountant, FMCG, KILKENNY
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Senior Management Accountant in a dynamic FMCG in Kilkenny. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position will be responsible for the overall control and reporting of company gross margin including management accounting controls and risk management. This position will play a key role in bringing value to the business either through the identification of margin benefits or cost savings.
- Ownership of all aspects of the gross margin.
- Responsibility for clear, accurate and timely gross margin reporting for the site as part of the monthly financial reporting and budgeting/forecasting cycle via clear and efficient reporting models.
- Responsibility for reporting, investigation and explanation of all financial variances impacting the site gross margin.
- Demonstrate an in-depth and clear understanding of operational & commercial gross margin variances versus budget / forecast and present detailed analysis to the site FC.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the annual budget and interim forecast gross margin, with associated in-depth variance analysis versus prior plan and prior year whilst liaising closely with other functions
- Ensure full adherence to management controls by maintaining the necessary protocols and reporting platforms.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the annual budget and interim forecast gross margin.
- Gain a full understanding of plant operations and the associated impact on site financials and be able to highlight and follow up on key issues impacting profitability as identified as part of the monthly or planning process.
- Support a culture of value enhancement for the business.
- Identify and champion potential opportunities for cost reduction where appropriate
- Constantly seek improvements to systems, procedures & reporting capability so as to ensure our approach is as efficient as possible.
- A professional accounting qualification with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management accounting role in a large, complex manufacturing organisation
- Challenging, inquisitive & enthusiastic approach with an ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Self-driven and committed to delivering constant improvement.
- Attention to detail, structured work ethic.
- Ability & flexibility to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experienced in the use of SAP, or other ERP systems, would be ideal together with advanced Excel capability.
- Demonstrate team building and management skills.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in joining a prestigious and dynamic organisation, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01-6797990 to discuss in confidence.