Senior Tax Manager, Accountancy Firm, Midlands
Client Profile – Large Accountancy Firm, Midlands
Our client is a large firm based in the Midlands. They are regarded as one of Ireland’s leading business advisory & accountancy firms with a focus on providing each client with a top quality “all round” business service. In addition to the traditional accounting & audit assignments, they provide their clients with Tax and business consulting solutions. Their client base comprises mid to large corporate organisations.
Role: Corporate Tax Manager
They are seeking to recruit an experienced Taxation Manager to work alongside their Tax Partners. The role will be focused on providing clients with high-level corporate tax advice. This role will include
Tax Planning, Consulting & Compliance
- Providing high-quality tax planning and consultancy to clients. This will be primarily to corporate clients but will also entail aspects of personal tax to the extent that it relates to directors/shareholders.
- Advising on appropriate corporate tax structures to address clients needs/demands.
- Responsibility for managing the corporate tax compliance function for own portfolio of larger groups.
- Work in conjunction with other specialist departments (e.g. Audit, Corporate Finance, HR etc.) in the implementation of department policy and delivery of service to clients.
- Work closely with each Partner and their teams to plan and execute tax work efficiently.
- Generate new business by leveraging off existing clients, contacts and identifying opportunities.
- Involvement in the Firm’s marketing initiatives with a view to attracting new clients.
- Will have responsibility for managing and developing their own tax team.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the tax department which may include internal and external tax briefings and presentations.
- Accountancy Qualification. AITI also an advantage.
- A number of years experience in a similar Corporate Tax position
- Good exposure to other tax headings
- Team player capable of working with management and staff to develop the firm
- Comfortable with business development and have the interpersonal skills necessary to make a solid contribution to developing new business
The role offers strong upward career potential. The partners actively encourage staff development, ongoing CPD and training as a route to internal promotion and eventually partnership.
Interested in this position?
Send CV to Brian Fowler, FCCA, Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs are not released nor is your profile discussed with a future employer without your express permission.