Tax & Treasury Accountant, Major Group, Kildare
Reference: 28859-Tax Accountant-BF
Client Profile: Major Irish Group, Kildare
Our Client is a major Group Head quartered in Ireland who are currently experiencing rapid expansion and revenue growth. They have a high profile and would be viewed as a key player within their industry sector. They have grown their business both organically and by acquisition, and their business model into the future will continue with this aggressive expansion.
Role: Tax & Treasury Accountant
This is a new position and the candidate will partner with internal and external stake holders to manage tax and treasury for the group. Reporting to the CFO the candidate will join an expanding finance team. Duties will include:
- Preparation of final detailed computations for submission to Tax Authorities;
- Preparation of detailed tax charge forecasts for a number of business units accross Ireland;
- Computation of the actual tax charge for quarterly and year-end reporting of Group results;
- Input into VAT, PAYE, Relevant Contractors Tax, CGT etc;
- General involvement in ad hoc projects and overall Group strategic planning initiatives, progressing to direct responsibility for specific projects and tax planning
- Keeping up to date with current tax legal/and regulatory requirements and ensuring that all financial transactions are conducted in line with relevant tax legislation
- Managing the relationship with external tax advisors
- Manage all Treasury operations to include cash management, funds investment, third party payments and Treasury Management systems.
- Maintain Banking relationships.
- Provide analysis to CFO on all Treasury deals transacted.
- Provide Cash Management services and prepare regular cash flow forecasts.
- Develop and monitor compliance with internal Treasury policies and procedures.
- Develop Risk Management strategies.
- Monitor banking markets and events affecting counterparties, FX rates.
Ideal candidate should be a Qualified Accountant with AITI, who initially trained within the tax department of a Big4 or Top 10 Accounting firm. Post qualification experience within a large group would be desirable (not essential). They should have excellent inter-personal skills and they will interact with senior management and finance within the group. Good time management skills and the ability to successfully manage projects are also desirable.
Interested in this position?
This role offers a candidate an opportunity to work with an expanding business and add value.
If interested send CV to:
Brian Fowler, FCCA - Managing Director, Accountancy Solutions