Treasury Accountant, Engineering, CARLOW
An exciting and varied role exists in a global organisation within the Carlow plant. This is a fantastic opportunity for an accountant with treasury experience to broaden their skills and gain experience across other areas in finance. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this individual will have a significant amount of autonomy and exposure across the global organisation.
- Assessment of the financing needs of affiliated companies in conjunction with finance treasury and tax departments.
- Coordinate internal approval of financing, and receipt of funds from shareholder.
- Coordinate drafting and signature of loan contracts.
- Coordinate the drawdown of funds with Treasury for borrowers.
- Ensure proper servicing of the loans including interest payments and respect of covenants.
- Ensure proper corporate governance /approvals by holding of appropriate board meetings.
- Maintenance of divisional legal (including loan) contracts.
- Preparation of all divisional accounting entries and input to local accounting system.
- Monthly accounting reconciliations.
- Production of monthly trial balance on local accounting system.
- Input of payments for approval to electronic banking system.
- Preparation and reconciliation of loan tables-confirmation of accounting balances of the loans and accrued interest with borrowers.
- Upload of division data and reconciliation of any differences with counterparties.
- Run month-end processes (interest posting)
- Provide month-end inter-company statements
- Preparation of quarterly loan interest invoices and confirmation of same with borrowers.Follow up with borrowers to ensure interest payments are made on a timely basis.
- Preparation of monthly management reports.Submission to Director of Financing Companies for review.
- Cash management.Coordination with European Treasury to ensure any excess cash balances on the bank accounts are placed in the cashpool.
- Preparation of quarterly tax provision for review by Director of Financing Companies.
- Assistance with the preparation of board meeting agenda and participation in board meetings as required.
- Prepare quarterly tax provision.
- Analyze and understand Free Cash Flow reports from Hyperion
- Challenge business units to provide conclusive and meaningful comments
- Prepare consolidated funding reports for overseas regions
- Management of the annual audit process of the division.Provision of all books and records to the auditors as required.
- Responsibility for all treasury activities including cash pooling, banking set-up and relationship management
Educational Requirements and Competencies:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a similar role and multinational environment.
- Working knowledge of the treasury function essential.
- Strong systems understanding including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills required with excellent attention to detail essential.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Results-driven, must be able to work under pressure across a global organisation engaging with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate good work practices including excellent attendance, timekeeping, tidiness, safety awareness, quality awareness and responsibility.
- Flexibility will be required during busy periods.
- Some travel will be required at times.
An attractive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet the requirements of this role, please send and updated CV to email@example.com or call us on 01-6797990 for a confidential discussion.