Treasury Accountant,Charity, Kildare
Our client has a reputation as one of the leading charities in both Ireland and overseas. Offering a positive and flexible working environment where employees all work together for a common goal of peace and harmony globally. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful person will be a key member of the Global Finance Team based in Kildare. This role is suited an experienced Treasury Accountant with a genuine passion to work in the Not For Profit sector.
- Development of a cash flow management system for the global organisation to facilitate forecasting of cash receipts and meeting financing requirements over short, medium and long term horizons.
- Ensure pre financing option will continue to be available in order to ensure continuous flow of funds for beneficiaries.
- Monitor foreign exchange rate movements across the portfolio of foreign currencies in which income is received and/or expenditure is incurred, assessing the impact of FX volatility and adopting measures to minimise exposure.
- Review of processes to identify FX risk areas and ensure appropriate policies are in place to mitigate the risk.
- Advise and support the country offices on FX risk/rates to use in budgets and reporting.
- Provide policies and advise to support donor negotiations.
- Incorporating Inflation projections into the budget process.
- Development of a Foreign Currency Management Manual for field offices and for submission to Institutional Funders.
- Set up of a Global Banking Platform for use in country and in HQ.
- Ensure banking facilities provide Value for Money.
- Management of global bank account network and assist in the setup of online banking for field offices.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum 4 years Treasury Accounting experience preferable
- Experience in Financial Controlling, Cash Management, FX and Risk analysis
- Experience in the implementation of finance systems and processes.
- An enquiring mind with an ability to analyse business processes.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A commitment to social justice
- Availability for travel to a range of developing countries.
Interested in this and other NFP positions?
Contact Anne Quinn, Accountancy Solutions at 01-6797990 or email your updated CV to email@example.com